Arthritis is a disorder that is bound to affect the overall functioning of your body and hamper your day-to-day activities as well. At Apollo Clinic, we bring you a comprehensive program for the detection, diagnosis and treatment of arthritis, all under one roof, and by a team of experienced and trained experts!
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is basically inflammation of the joints in the body. A very common condition, arthritis affects people of both sexes and races, in every age group.
Types of Arthritis
There are more than 100 different types of arthritis and related conditions, which broadly include the following :
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) –Rheumatoid arthritis is a condition which involves the inflammation of the inner lining of the joints, leading to joint pain and permanent joint damage. It generally occurs in the wrists, fingers and hands.
- Juvenile Arthritis (JA) – Juvenile Arthritis is a condition that generally affects children younger than 18 years of age, generally affecting the knees, wrists, ankles, jaw, neck, shoulders or hips.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) –One of the most common kinds of arthritis affecting the population, Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that usually manifests itself after the age of 40. It generally occurs in the areas of the body where there happens to be significant disintegration of cartilage, including the hips, hands, neck, back and/or knees/One of the most common kinds of arthritis affecting the population, Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that usually manifests itself after the age of 40. It generally occurs in the areas of the body where there happens to be significant disintegration of cartilage, including the hips, hands, neck, back and/or knees/
Causes of Arthritis
- Excess wear and tear of the joints, severe joint injury and joint infection are one of the most common causes of arthritis.
- A family history of arthritis also plays an important role in the occurrence of the disorder in an individual.
- Rheumatoid arthritis generally occurs when the body’s immune system starts attacking the body’s own cells, affecting the soft tissue in joints, thus leading to both bones as well as cartilage damage.
Symptoms of Arthritis
- Joint Stiffness
- Joint pain
- Reddening of the skin around the joints
- Loss of appetite
At Apollo Clinic, our primary goal is to relieve our patients of the pain due to arthritis, so as to enable them to go about their normal routine lives, followed by treatment. With the patient’s comfort and treatment in mind, we at Apollo Clinic, leave no stone unturned in offering the best and the most comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of arthritis to our patients.