No matter what your age is, it is really important to change your skincare habits to a new seasonal routine. Monsoons are here and so does skin worries like acne, rashes, stickiness, and infections, not to forget oily and greasy look all day long!! But don't let these worries spoil your fun!! Here are some skin care tips to help you enjoy your hot cuppa without concerning yourself with skin problems-
- Keep your nails short as long nails aggravate the chances of fungal infection.
Try wearing cotton clothes and undergarments. Cotton clothes allow your body to breathe. Change your clothes and undergarment if caught in unexpected showers.
- Don't forget to wash your feet properly with lukewarm water after coming from somewhere outside. Also, avoid wearing plastic, canvas or leather shoes as your feet can't breathe in these. Go for casual sandals or slip-on. If you have to wear shoes, apply anti-fungal powder to avoid infections.
- Wash your face twice a day with a face wash that contains salicylic acid or glycolic acid, it helps to keep your skin fresh and alive.
- Don't forget to follow a CTM (Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing routine) every day. Make sure that the toner is alcohol-free as high humidity could open up your pores.
- Stay in an air-conditioned room to stay aloof of sweat rash or prickly heat.
Avoid oil based products, creams, and moisturizers. Use a light mousse or a matte compact or simply a few drops of tinted moisturizer as a makeup base.
- It may be cloudy, but that doesn’t stop UV rays from creating havoc. So, don't forget to apply sunscreen 365 days, straight up.
- Consume a balanced diet rich in vegetables and fruits. Also, drink 8-10 glass of water daily to maintain everlasting glow on your skin. You can also jazz it up by adding lemon or fresh fruit juices.
Exfoliate your lips with sugar or toothbrush at night, followed by applying milk cream. It will help you get soft, smooth and red lips.
- While most people complain of oily skin during monsoons, there are people who get a dry and dehydrated skin during this season. In these cases, you must apply moisturizer frequently.
Avoid sharing towels or clothes.
If you have an irritating, itchy rash on your body, rush to your dermatologist immediately.